Open as PDF
31-10613-3 (11-06 JR)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely
— Save these
instructions for local inspector’s use.
IMPORTANT — Observe all
governing codes and ordinances.
• Note to Installer – Be sure to leave these
instructions with the Consumer.
• Note to Consumer – Keep these
instructions for future reference.
• Product failure due to improper installation
is not covered under the Warranty.
WARNING — This appliance must
be properly grounded.
— Leak testing of the
appliance shall be conducted according to
the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Proper installation is the responsibility
of the installer and product failure due to
improper installation is NOT covered under
IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF
• This product must be installed by a
licensed plumber or gas fitter.
• When using ball-type gas shut-off valves,
they shall be the T-handle type.
• A flexible gas connector, when used, must
not exceed 3 feet.
Questions? Call 800.GE.CARES (800.432.2737) or Visit our Website at: ge.com
In Canada, call 1.800.361.3400 or Visit our Website at: www.geappliances.ca
30″ Sealed Gas Cooktop
JGP328, JGP330, JGP933,
FOR YOUR SAFETY:
WARNING — If the information
in this manual is not followed exactly, a fire,
explosion or gas leak may result causing
property damage, personal injury or death.
Do not store or use gasoline or other
flammable vapors and liquids in the vicinity
of this or any other appliance!
WHAT TO DO IF YOU
• Do not try to light any appliance. Do not
touch any electrical switch; do not use any
phone in your building.
• Immediately call your gas supplier from a
neighbor’s phone. Follow the gas supplier’s
• If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call
the fire department.
Installation and service must be performed
by a qualified installer, service agency or
the gas supplier.
This cooktop has been design certified
by CSA International. You’ll find safety
precautions in your Owner’s Manual.
Read them carefully.
• Installation of this cooktop must conform
with local codes or in the absence of local
codes with the National Fuel Gas Code,
ANSI Z223.1/NFPA 54–Latest edition.
• Be sure your cooktop is installed properly
by a qualified installer or service technician.
• To eliminate reaching over surface burners,
cabinet storage above burner should be
• Do not install the unit near an outside door
or where a draft may affect its use.
WARNING — Disconnect all
electrical power at the main circuit breaker
or fuse box before installing.