Open as PDF
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be
followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this appliance.
DANGER – To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1) Always unplug your Obus Forme
Heat and Massage Seat
Cushion™ from the electrical outlet or AC adapter immediately after using
and before cleaning.
2) Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
3) Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
4) Do not place or store your Obus Forme
Heat and Massage Seat
Cushion™ where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or
drop into water or other liquid.
WARNING – To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock,
or injury to persons:
1) An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from
outlet when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts.
2) Do not operate your Obus Forme
Heat and Massage Seat
Cushion™ under blanket or pillow. Excessive heating can occur and cause
fire, electric shock, or injury to persons. This product is not intended for use
3) Your Seat Cushion should not be used by, on, or near children or individuals
with certain disabilities.
4) Use your Seat Cushion only for its intended use as described in this manual.
Do not use attachments not recommended by Conair.
5) Never operate your Seat Cushion if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is
not working properly, or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into
water. Return the appliance to a service center for examination and repair.
6) Do not carry your Seat Cushion by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
7) Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
8) Never drop or insert any object into the product.
9) Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where
oxygen is being administered.
10) To disconnect, turn all controls to the off position, then remove plug
11) This massager should not be used in the following cases: Tuberculosis,
benign and malignant tumors, hemorrhages, inflammations of the skin,
phlebitis and thrombosis, open and fresh wounds, bruises, broken skin or
varicose veins, undetermined calf pain, or joint pain.
12) DO NOT attempt to remove the cover from your Seat Cushion.
13) Your Seat Cushion should not be used by children or individuals with certain
disabilities. Please consult a physician before using your Seat Cushion in the
case that you:
• have any questions regarding its therapeutic usage;
• have sensitive skin or poor circulation;
• are experiencing unexplained pain or swelling;
• have recently undergone a serious medical procedure or surgery;
• have recently experienced a serious muscular injury;
• are pregnant.
14) If you are taking any prescription medications, consult your physician
15) If you are undergoing treatment for cancer, check with your physician
16) Discontinue use of your Seat Cushion if you experience pain or swelling
after use. Consult a physician or seek medical attention if symptoms persist.
USE AND CARE
Congratulations on your purchase of the Obus Forme
Massage Seat Cushion™. The Seat Cushion features heat for the lumbar
area and four powerful massage motors, with three automatic safety shut-
off devices. An ergonomically designed handheld controller built into the
seat cushion allows you to personalize your experience with ease. The Obus
Heat and Massage Seat Cushion™ is ideal for use in your
vehicle, at home and in the office.
For optimum performance and safety, please read these instructions carefully
before using your Seat Cushion.
How to Secure your Obus Forme
Seat Cushion to a Vehicle Seat
1. Slide strap A and strap B over the back of
your vehicle seat. Adjust the seat cushion
on your vehicle seat to your personal
2. Attach strap LC to strap RC, securing
with the plastic hooks located on the end
of each strap.
3. Attach strap LD to strap RD, securing with the
plastic hooks located on the end of each strap.
4. Pull strap C over your headrest and secure it to
strap A using the buckle attached.
Use caution when stretching and securing the
elastic straps. The elastic straps may recoil and
cause injury if you fail to properly secure the plastic
hooks before releasing the elastic straps.
OPERATING YOUR OBUS FORME SEAT CUSHION
Using the Car Adapter
Plug the car adapter into your vehicle’s cigarette lighter or auxiliary power
source. The car adapter requires 12 volts.
Warning! The car adapter must NOT be plugged into any cigarette lighter
or auxiliary power source until you have confirmed that the cigarette lighter or
auxiliary power source does not exceed 12 volts. Plugging the car adapter into
the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power source found in some vehicles may cause
the seat cushion to overheat and malfunction.
The car adapter contains a three-amp fuse (F3A). If the car adapter is used
properly, this fuse should not burn out. If it does, it can be replaced with another
F3A fuse which can be purchased at most hardware or electronics stores. To
replace the fuse, simply unscrew the top portion of the car adapter. Remove the
old fuse and replace it with a new F3A.
Warning! Replace the F3A in the car adapter ONLY with another F3A. Using
any other fuse may cause the car adapter to overheat and malfunction. If you
are uncertain as to which fuse to use, take the old fuse to your local hardware
or electronics store and consult a professional. Plugging in the car adapter will
automatically activate the heat function. To turn the heat off, simply unplug the
car adapter (or use the hand-held remote).
Warning! When not in use, the seat cushion car adapter should be unplugged
from the cigarette lighter or auxiliary power source. If the car adapter is not
unplugged and you remain seated on the cushion, it will continue to drain the
battery of your vehicle even if your vehicle is not running.
HOW TO OPERATE THE HEAT FUNCTION
Your Obus Forme
Heat and Massage Seat Cushion™ has a built-in
1. Ensure that your seat cushion is plugged into an electrical outlet or an
2. To activate the heat function, press the heat on/off button once, using the
3. To deactivate the heat function, press the heat on/off button again,
using the handheld controller. The heat indicator light will go out.
For your protection, these seat cushions have three automatic safety devices:
1. 30-Minute Massage Automatic Shut-off
After 30 minutes, the massage and pulse functions will automatically shut
off. You can turn these features on again after they have shut off. The heat
function DOES NOT automatically shut off after 30 minutes. To turn off the
heat function, you must press the HEAT button or unplug the car adapter from
the power source.