Open as PDF
The tire pressure sensors are covered under one of the
United States .....................KR5S120123
Use only compact chains, or other traction aids that meet
SAE type “Class S” specifications. Chains must be the
proper size for the vehicle, as recommended by the chain
Do not use tire chains on a compact spare tire.
To avoid damage to your vehicle or tires, observe the
• Because of restricted chain clearance between tires
and other suspension components, it is important
that only chains in good condition are used. Broken
chains can cause serious damage. Stop the vehicle
immediately if noise occurs that could indicate chain
breakage. Remove the damaged parts of the chain
before further use.
• Install chains on the rear wheels as tightly as pos-
sible and then retighten after driving about
• Do not exceed 30 mph (48 km/h).
• Drive cautiously and avoid severe turns and large
bumps, especially with a loaded vehicle.
• Do not use on rear wheels of All Wheel Drive (AWD)
• Do not drive for prolonged period on dry pavement.
Observe the tire chain manufacturer’s instructions on
the method of installation, operating speed, and condi-
tions for use. Always use the lower suggested operating
speed of the chain manufacturer if different than the
speed recommended by the manufacture.
248 STARTING AND OPERATING