Open as PDF
“Affordable Console Mount Siren”
The SA-360 DEFENDER siren combines simple operation, reliable performance, and rugged durability all in
an affordable package. The sleek and tough DEFENDER is engineered to meet the application needs of vol-
unteer firefighters, police, and security markets. Easy, flexible installation and customization options make
this siren a relatively simple project even for the most inexperienced installer.
The SA-360 DEFENDER has several features not usually included on other sirens in it’s class. They include
many of the following selections:
- Output Diagnostics Indicator: Sensors at the speaker lead wire connection on the printed circuit
board measure when the siren is creating an output to the speaker and indicates the status on the face
using an LED light. This provides the service person with the ability to determine if the problem is internal
with the siren or external with the wiring and speaker should the system fail to produce a warning signal.
- Enable or Instant On Control: Provide power to the siren through the Enable line connected to
an external switch like the vehicle’s ignition so that the Auxiliary Input feature may be operational. For a
simpler installation, leave the Enable and Auxiliary Input leads unconnected and operate the unit as an
Instant On siren.
- DIP Switch Programmable: Flexible DIP Switch programming allows the installer to sample differ-
ent settings before selecting desired functions. Options include disabling Phaser and Air Horn to be
California Title 13 compatible, replacing Phaser with Two-Tone/HiLo, selecting Phaser or Horn Ring Cycler
2 operation through the auxiliary input, and setting the auxiliary input polarity. The DIP switch options also
allow all of the siren tones except Air Horn to be disabled to create an Air Horn Only siren.
- Horn Ring Cycler 2: Allow the operator the capability to run the siren tones from the vehicle horn
ring or other external switching for hands free tone selection during pursuit or rescue situations.
- Compact Extruded Cover with Channel Mounting: Sleek, stylish, 2” tall extruded cover
offers greater heat dissipation and the mounting channels offer greater versatility in mounting depth.
SS AA -- 33 66 00
always answers the call.